GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY OF A SESSION CHAIR:
- Introduce the session, and then each author/paper-title before the live presentation (or playing the pre-recored video in case of technical problem with the presenter). Be sure please to respect the scheduel (15 min talk + 3 mi Q/A).
- Take chat questions from Conversation/Q&A window during the presentation;
- Read the questions to the presenting author during the Q&A period with absolutely no delay on the allocated Q&A slots;
- Conclude the session and check attendance;
- Make sure the time is not violated (very important!!!!)
- We provide a compluter with Zoom already installed and operational.
BEFORE A SESSION:
- Please make sure to have the presenters’ vitals printed somewhere to introduce them timely before each presentation.
- Although the authors will conduct live presenations, pre-recorded may be available in case if of disruption; the host (Our HPSR staff) will play the pre-recorded presentations available in case of problems. If no pre-recorded presentation is available, please move on to the next presenter.
Conferencing, online and in-person can be exhausting! We need to take breaks. We will take breaks. Breaks are built-in to the schedule!
- Stand up and stretch, get a snack, come back refreshed!
- If you leave WebEx on, make sure that your microphone is muted during the break